On 2016-03-24 17:22, John DeSantis wrote:
>>> What I'm looking for is a tool that gives me, for every node/cpu the
>>> corresponding job.
>>
>> squeue -n <hostlist>
>>
>> As the man page explicitly mentions: <hostlist> can be a single node and
>> either a NodeName or a NodeHostname
>
> I believe this is a typo, as we use "squeue -w <hostlist>" which gives
> us all corresponding jobs running on the host(s) in question.  It is
> actually quite useful if you live on the command line.

Not a typo. An older slurm version.

I am quite surprised that something like that changed _and_ "-n" has
another meaning now.

I hope decisions like that don't come light-hearted.

This means helping others is limited to one own version or requires a
look up of the newer, current documentations.
In case of slurm thats really bad as it is missing versioning -- like
ganeti where it is quite easy to point anyone to either the version one
or the other is using.
Other projects like ansible or ganeti really shine here:
* every command an is parameters has a remark like "require 1.6" where
needed
* there is a clear structure from getting started to advanced features
* semantic changes are easy to spot -- prominently highlighted
* in case of ganeti the design drafts add a lot to understanding changes
to expect

Slurm documentatin is scattered, not versioned and now I know I have to
watch out for changing semantics.
Expecting everyone being the newest release is unrealistic.

/BR
--
FSU Jena | JULIELab.de/Staff/Benjamin+Redling.html
vox: +49 3641 9 44323 | fax: +49 3641 9 44321