On 16/02/17 07:09, Katsnelson, Joe wrote:

> Just curious is there a way to restart slurm to get the below working
> without impacting the current jobs that are running?

You should be able to restart slurmctld with running jobs quite safely,
if you are paranoid (like me) then just mark partitions down first so
you know Slurm won't be trying to start any jobs just when you shut it down.

We also have all our partitions (other than our debug one reserved for
sysadmins) marked as "State=DOWN" in slurm.conf so that they won't start
jobs when slurmctld is brought back up again.

All the best,
Chris
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545