CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Got a general question, but one that might be specifically addressed by Slurm -
don't know.

We have a multi-process, distributed simulation that runs as a single job and
generates a significant amount of data. At the end of that run, we would like
to be able to post-process the data. The post-processing currently consists of
python scripts wrapped up in luigi workflows/tasks. We would like to be able to
distribute those tasks across the cluster as well to speed up the
post-processing.

So, my question is: what is the best way to trigger submitting a job to Slurm
based upon the completion of a previous job? I see that the strigger command
can probably do what I need, but maybe it is more of a workflow question that I
have. If we have say 100 of these simulation jobs in the queue, then it would
seem like I would want the post-processing to run at the end of each job, but
if the trigger submits another job with multiple CPU needs, then that job would
go in at the back of the queue. I guess I could set the priority such that it
jumps the remaining simulation jobs, or maybe a separate post-processing queue
is more appropriate. Anyway, just looking for some ideas as to how others might
be addressing this type or problem. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED