I hadn't realized that jobs can be scheduled to run on a node that is still in "completing" state from an earlier job. We occasionally use epilog scripts that can take 30 seconds or longer, and we really don't want the next job to start until the epilog scripts have completed.

Other than coding a little loop to wait until the desired nodes are "idle" before scheduling a job, is there an automated way to say "don't start a job on a node until it reaches 'idle' status?"

Andy

--
Andy Riebs
andy.ri...@hpe.com