On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 11:02:03AM -0500, Youzhong Yang via smartos-discuss
wrote:

> I cherry-picked this cool inotify implementation (
> https://github.com/joyent/illumos-joyent/commit/a9a246c0c49e192616e7499eaa2362b21fde8f5e)
> and built my own image. After the machine reboot, inotify is not loaded so
> I have to manually load it through add_drv command.
>
> Is there a way to have it loaded automatically? or did I miss something or
> did something wrong?

You can't just cherry-pick changes unless you understand them (and
SmartOS) completely.  At minimum, you missed smartos-live changeset
553afee1763bc36a7f7d6a14366abfe4f1998d71.  It's possible you will need
others as well.  In general, there is no support for building platforms
from mismatched repos, so always use the most recent release tag for all
of them unless you are going to look in detail at every single change.