We have a stable base platform and don't want to introduce too many changes
which could potentially break something.

I've gone through the history of all files involved in this inotify
implementation and also picked up a few other bug fixes. We will run
thorough qualification to make sure the new commits/changes do not
introduce any issues.

Thanks Keith.