Hi Rob,

Sorry about the trouble you're having. You're on the right track. Here are the
commands to get you started.

    git clone https://github.com/joyent/smartos-live
    git remote add cr ssh://yourusern...@cr.joyent.us/joyent/smartos-live.git
    cd smartos-live
    git checkout -b trivial_tweaks
    # Make your changes. Try to make sure everything is tested thoroughly and
squash
    # commits (i.e., try to condense everything into a single commit, using
--amend as necessary)
    git add .
    git commit
    git push cr HEAD:refs/for/master

At this point you'll have a URL for gerrit containing your change, then you can
get back in touch with us for code review.

--
Brian Bennett
Systems Engineer, Cloud Operations