Hi Stefan,

Thanks for this guide and I tried to do as what indicated on your guide.
But I couldn't get it work.

May I know what setup did you do on your FreeIPA server?

Also, using the script that you provide:

​
::::::::::::::
/opt/local/bin/ssh-ldap-pubkey-wrapper.sh
::::::::::::::
#!/bin/bash

/opt/local/bin/ldapsearch -LLL -x -u \
-o ldif-wrap=no \
-h ipatest.g <http://ipaserver.example.com/>rcph.local \
-D "uid=admin,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=grcph,dc=local" \
-w "password" \
-b "dc=grcph,dc=local" \
'(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid='"$1"'))' \
ipaSshPubKey | sed -n 's/^[ \t]*ipaSshPubKey:[ \t]*\(.*\)/\1/p'

​​Modified it and try to run, it doesn't return any output:

[image: Inline image 1]

​

Thanks and Regards,

​Joven D. ​

------------------------
Confidentiality Notice | This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
or proprietary information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 5:59 AM, Stefan Eestermans <ste...@optaris.be> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been fighting with FreeIPA and SmartOS for while now and had this
> sorted out. It's just that there is no sssd for SmartOS and hence it
> doesn't work out of the box.
>
> Normally, it shouldn't be to hard to get it working once you have the ldap
> client on SmartOS connected to the FreeIPA directory server.  I'll paste
> here below a recent post of my new blog (https://blog.soholabs.org),
> dedicated to SmartOS and related technologies as a lab environment.
>
> So, if I understood the situation well: the SmartOS LDAP client is up and
> running and is communicating with the FreeIPA directory server, but ssh
> doesn't seem to take into account the public keys that are stored in the
> directory server.
>
> In order to facilitate this, you have to make sure that the ssh daemon is
> able to obtain these keys from the directory server. In comparison, the two
> lines of importance in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on a CentOS FreeIPA
> client installation are:
>
>     AuthorizedKeysCommand /usr/bin/sss_ssh_authorizedkeys
>     AuthorizedKeysCommandUser nobody
>
> The AuthorizedKeysCommand parameter refers to the command that obtains the
> public keys from the directory server. Unfortunately there is no equivalent
> binary on SmartOS because it lacks the sssd software on the client side.
>
> Luckily, it is not much of an issue because it is rather easy for an LDAP
> client to obtain this information from the directory server. While there
> are certainly a variety of solutions available on the Internet, at first
> sight I found them often too sophisticated for what I needed. So, I decided
> to limit the solution to a bash script file that encapsulates a ldapsearch
> command which will fetch the public keys from the directory server.
>
> These few lines here below are enough to fetch the keys and to make sed
> print only the information needed: the user's public keys.
>
> ​​
> ::::::::::::::
> /opt/local/bin/ssh-ldap-pubkey-wrapper.sh
> ::::::::::::::
> #!/bin/bash
>
> /opt/local/bin/ldapsearch -LLL -x -u \
> -o ldif-wrap=no \
> -h ipaserver.example.com \
> -D "uid=solaris,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com" \
> -w "strongPassword" \
> -b "dc=example,dc=com" \
> '(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid='"$1"'))' \
> ipaSshPubKey | sed -n 's/^[ \t]*ipaSshPubKey:[ \t]*\(.*\)/\1/p'
>
> We use the uid=solaris,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc account with the
> strongPassword (literally) to avoid that we have to expose any user
> account's credentials in the script file.
>
> This script takes one argument, which is the "user" who makes the ssh
> login. As we will see later on, the sshd_config file allows to refer to the
> user via %u. Make sure the script has the execution bits set and give it a
> try with a user name defined in the directory server. This command should
> [...]

Virus-free.
<#m_1678509979913774939_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>