Gareth Howell writes:
> I rebooted in to recovery mode and swapped the pools as suggested. The
> system now boots using the new ones pool but it fails to start the local
> file system service and all those that rely on it.
> The cause is some cruft in the /zones folder that prevents /zones mounting.

Strangely enough, I did something quite similar last weekend.  I moved
the zones pool from one disk to another using zfs send/receive.  Every-
thing was copied *except* the mointpoint of the zones pool itself.

Once I found out it was set to "none", I set it to "/zones", and all
was fine.

Just an info point. :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: v...@bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"