On 04/11/2018 05:43 PM, Jeremy wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to find more info on hyper-v support.  I see I can use a legacy nic to get networking up and running, but it seems terribly slow.

Is there any work for this?

Thank you.

-Jeremy

Hello Jeremy.

As far as I know there's no Hyper-V-specific support in SmartOS, no "enlightened" drivers. I remember I ran OpenIndiana on Windows 10 Pro Hyper-V and the only devices I was able to use were those you yourself found (emulated IDE hard disk and CDROM, emulated 100 Mbit NIC, ...). Delphix is said is working on proper support for their products (they target MS Azure), but I am not aware if they released something already (or if they intend to open the code at some point).

Probably the best source of information is this email thread: https://illumos.topicbox.com/groups/developer/T8c8e2aa6b9b46c1f and these slides: https://www.bsdcan.org/2017/schedule/events/856.en.html

Michal