OK, did that and all working but before I could read emails  downloaded to my
iPhone during the day, and then when I fired up Mail on my iMac in the evening
I was able to download  to my iMac, which was good as required a record of what
had happened during the day.

Now it seems that any email read in the day on my iPhone is gone from the
server and unavailable in the evening.

Settings on the iPhone now DON'T seem to have the option to leave on the
server...

Any suggestions?

Nigel

On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:39, Sam - MacAmbulance wrote:

> Hi Nigel
>
> Yahoo are now hosting BT's emails, so you could just set up a new Yahoo
> account with your btinternet email address and password, the Mac & iPhone
> should autodetect all the settings.
>
> Regards
>
> Sam
>

> MacAmbulance Ltd.
> Providing Affordable Mac/PC Support and Web Development
>
> Sam Mullen
> +44 (0)7747778022
> i...@macambulance.co.uk
> www.macambulance.co.uk
> MacAmbulance Ltd. is a registered company in England & Wales, registration
> number 8466597
> This email is intended solely for the addressed recipients and may contain
> privileged or confidential information. If you have received this email in
> error please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
>
> On 17 Jul 2013, at 08:31, nigel proctor <n...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Having recently encountered several problems sending and receiving mail on
>> my iMac and iPhone 5 I altered the settings on outgoing mail  to
>> smtp.mail.yahoo:myemailaddress.
>>
>> I am now encountering problems retrieving mail on the iPhone only. My
>> incoming Mail Server is set to mail.btinternet.com.
>>
>> Should I have changed that to something 'yahoo' ...?
>>

>> Nigel
>>
>> nigel proctor
>> n...@btinternet.com
>> H T White & Co Ltd