Just recently the DVD player app keeps appearing in my Dock.  I cannot
remove it from the Dock, I never put it in the Dock.  Every time my Mac
Mini restarts after an update the DVD player app icon appears in the Dock.
I doubt I have used the app. for years.  It is not amongst Start Up Items
in System Prefs and there is no Remove from Dock option if you click on it.
 It is just very annoying. Thanks.