My Mac Pro has 32GB of RAM, it runs rather smoothly along with an SSD drive
mounted on a PCI card and two other SSDs plus two other spinning disk
drives.

If you want to see what can be done to a Mac Pro Silver tower take a look
at the offerings of Create.Pro all the benefits of current models (apart
from Thunderbolt), the advantage of getting a rebuild from these people is
that you can get the latest Mac Pro Silver tower spec and then transfer
your drives across to the newer machine.  Then sell on your current tower.