hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2016, 16:10 -0500 schrieb Dave Chiluk:
> Hey guys, I'm trying to snap up file.  I thought it would be simple.
> This is what I have for my snapcraft.yaml.

> However when I go to run file out of my snap I get
> "
> chiluk@localhost:~$ file /home/chiluk/file_0_amd64.snap
> /etc/magic, 0: Warning: using regular magic file
> `/usr/share/misc/magic'
> file: could not find any valid magic files!

you will need a wrapper ... make it call file -m and point to the $SNAP
location of the magic file:

(from the manpage)
-m, --magic-file magicfiles
             Specify an alternate list of files and directories
containing magic.  This can be a single item, or a colon-separated
list.  If a compiled
             magic file is found alongside a file or directory, it will
be used instead.

ciao
        oli