On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Leo Arias <leo.ar...@canonical.com> wrote:
>> - Debian + snaps via snap
>
> This will give you a complete traditional system. Everything you
> learned in debian and ubuntu before will just work. So it could be a
> softer transition while you learn about snaps and your dependencies
> are shipped as snaps. You will not get all the benefits of a full
> snappy system, but you will get some by installing the snaps that are
> ready.

This seems like a really good tradeoff for the moment.  Even if
all our snaps are in devmode initially, it provides a nice way to
package up apps in a way that is more atomic than a pile of debs.

(Now, don't get me wrong, I love .debs.  But atomic update of a whole stack
solves a lot of problems.  We've got the disk and bandwidth, may
as well use it...)