On Friday, January 7, 2005, 6:34:15 AM, Phillip wrote:

PC> Pete,

PC> It does run from the command line, creates the log file. I didn't give it a
PC> file to check so it gave and error so at least it does something.

PC> For some reason it won't run the sniffer program from the batch file.

PC> I put in a pause and ran it, it is returning an error code of 65 with no
PC> file given when running it in the batch file. however it does not create a
PC> log file.

A result code of 65 indicates that the command line was incorrect.
From your description this is most likely because you didn't provide a
file. If you give it any text file to look at you will get past this
error - and if it's working ok otherwise you will see a log file
generated.

http://www.sortmonster.com/MessageSniffer/Help/ResultCodesHelp.html

PC> I have permissions on the file and the folder as loose as it gets, everyone
PC> full control. still nothing.

PC> I tried using CALL in front of the line and it gave me the same thing.

CALL is not appropriate here.

PC> Any ideas on why it wont run in a batch file? Been so long since I have
PC> played with DOS, it is embarassing.

It actually is running. It's just complaining that you didn't provide
the file to scan when you launched your .bat file. That's actually
good because it means we're getting somewhere.

Pick a file and run the batch file at the command line with it. This
should give you a log file. Once that's done, you just need to get
VopMail to do the same thing.

Hope this helps,