Goran, actually I was one of the few cases where going to the persistent
sniffer was detrimental.

The cause was lack of hardware.  My server was already running at 100%
cpu and with busy disks all too much, and I thought that going to
persistent mode would lighten the load enough to make more room for
Declude.  Instead, I saw timeouts that showed Declude waited it's
maximum time without Message Sniffer returning.

It was actually the other way around, though.  I concluded that 1)
Declude logging in debug mode shows that Declude boosts it's CPU
priority, and that this starved out Sniffer.  2) that my cpu problems
masked my seriously underperforming SCSI2 mirror.

The right honourable R. Scott Perry heeded my request to modify the
Declude log technique (old technique: write to disk every line as soon
as it can, which led to busy disks, interleaved logs per message, and
screwed up overlapping log lines; new technique: batch all log lines
until processing is done, then write all of them at one go) and at the
same time brought in "shortcircuit grammar" like SKIPIFWEIGHT.

I also clued in that I should be rotating my Message Sniffer log at
least daily, and ideally to upload them to SortMonster/ARM to feed back
into the system.

With all of those changes, my disk time quieted down enough and my
extensive Declude filters quieted down enough that Message Sniffer ran
*great* in the persistent mode, and I ran in that configuration long
enough to upgrade the hardware at my convenience.

By all means, try it.

All it takes to test it is launching as Pete mentioned in this thread.

You can always implement the srvany.exe technique or FireDaemon later.
I use FireDaemon.

To save yourself some typing and remembering, you can use the sample
batch files that Message Sniffer includes, e.g. send-start.cmd but
remember to edit the .exe file they reference so that is the same name
as your licenceid.exe file.

The observed behaviour of a well-functioning Message Sniffer is that in
Task Manager, you will see one licenceid.exe that uses small bursts of
CPU time, and then zero or more other licenceid.exe which come and go
(the PID column changes).

Andrew 8)