Hello Grant,

Saturday, September 30, 2006, 8:20:21 AM, you wrote:

<snip/>

> We are having the same problem.  Sniffer is processing the messages but it
> appears as if SA is not picking it up.  I posted this in the MDaemon
> Discussion list yesterday and had one reply.  Upgraded to 9.07 and tried
> what the poster recommended and it is still not adding to the spam score.
> Anyone else (Pete?) have ideas.  We need to get this working.

<snip/>

> Link to MDaemon discussion:
> http://lists.altn.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]@.eebd191/1

From what you've posted, SNF definitely did it's part - the SNF
headers are in the message. After that it's entirely up to SA (or CF).

This leaves me to wonder what else SA might not be matching that it
should - - That is, once the message gets to SA it's just another
message and the SNF headers are just another bit of text in the
headers so there's no reason I can think of that SA would not match
that text unless SA were broken...

Since from SA's perspective the SNF headers are just like any other
text, then I wonder what other rules in SA are also not firing when
they should and how often? Perhaps identifying those cases might tell
us something about what's going on.

Also - why the sudden change? This has worked fine for some time. Can
anybody pinpoint when (at what event precisely) this problem showed
up?

Those are my thoughts.

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist,