Hello Darin,

Hi Pete,

Can you clarify what this .xhdr option is and how we can enable it?  I don't remember anything in the documentation that describes it.  I think there were references to the config file previously, but there was never anything about it in mine.  If you could give an example of how to enable and use the info it would be greatly appreciated.

In your snf <licenseid>.cfg file, un-comment the .xhdr option line:

#### X-Headers

# XHeader File Output - When set to On the engine will create a new file with

# each message scanned with the name scanfilename.xhdr that contains x-header

# information that should be added to the message.

XHeaderData: X-SortMonster-MessageSniffer-Rules

XHeaderFinal: X-SortMonster-MessageSniffer-Result

A quick, ok-but-not-very-correct way to add these headers to the message is simply to pre-pend them (copy msgfile.xhdr + msgfile to newmsgfile, delete msgfile, rename newmsgfile msgfile). Technically, X-headers can go anywhere in the header section. By convention they go just before the body. A utility would seek out the first empty line in the message (\r\n\r\n) and emit the contents of the .xhdr file there.

Oddly enough we occasionally get support questions about "what are all these .xhdr files building up in my spool directory" when folks accidentally turn on this option without knowing what it will do ;-)

Hope this helps,

Pete McNeil

Chief Scientist,

Arm Research Labs, LLC.