  From: Steve Guluk
  To: Message Sniffer Community
  Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:42 PM
  Subject: [sniffer] Blocking emails with Cyrillic characters

  Hello Comrades,
  Could we get a rule that looks for various common Russian words (or Cyrillic
characters) and then gives them a spam value?

  Do you sell much Sniffer Product to Russia? If not, rules that focus on
common russian words would be great for blocking much of the spam that makes
it's way past Sniffer. You could always create a way for people that want
Russian emails to exclude this rule. No?

  Not that I know all the details of how you guys create your rules but a rule
looking for common Cyrillic  characters could catch all spam formatted in
Russian as well as other languages that use similar characters. Otherwise you
should hire some coders that understand these languages as I get a heap of spam
that passes Sniffer by using what looks like Russian or Cyrillic  characters.

  I run iMail 8.22 so if anyone has any other ideas that could block these
please post your suggestions, I guess we could create a phrase list from some
of the Cyrillic  spams..?

  Regards,

  Steve Guluk

  SGDesign