From: Message Sniffer Community [mailto:sniffer@sortmonster.com] On Behalf Of
Pete McNeil
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:35 PM
To: Message Sniffer Community
Subject: [sniffer] Saccades anyone?

Hello Sniffer Folks,

We are preparing to release a new version of the Message Sniffer engine that
includes an exciting new technology.

The "saccades engine" allows SNF to intelligently skip large portions of most
messages without missing any important content. The engine borrows from
MicroNeil's synthetic intelligence research relating to visual systems
processing and essentially gives SNF a behavior similar to what we all do with
our eyes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccade

The engine learns where matches are most likely to occur and then applies what
it is learning in real-time. This allows SNF to rapidly identify messages of a
type it has already seen without having to scan the entire contents.

This has the potential to improve scanning efficiency by 90% or more.
That is, scanning typical messages can happen with 1/10th the work for a 10x
improvement in efficiency. Not kidding, we're actually seeing these results on
some of our testbed servers! You may have seen me tweet about
it: https://twitter.com/codedweller/status/434020178352148480

If you'd like to get in on the fun early and you are using SNFServer.exe then
you can find a copy of the new engine at the following link:

http://www.armresearch.com/message-sniffer/download/SNFServerV3.0.2-E3.1.0.zip

To swap it in,

* Download and unzip the new engine.
* Stop your Message Sniffer.
* Rename your SNFServer.exe to something like SNFServer.exe.bakup (always a
good idea to keep a backup).
* Rename the new engine to SNFServer.exe
* Restart your Message Sniffer.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Thanks!

Pete McNeil
Chief Scientist
ARM Research Labs, LLC