week, if no problems with this fix appear during further testing.

Best regards,
Frank

Am 03.06.2013 14:54, schrieb Praveen Jain:
Hi Frank,

Thanks a lot for quick reply. I would really appreciate if you backport the
fix into 1.x branch. Please let me know if there is a place where I can
track that (any issue tracking system). In case the backporting idea is
dropped for 1.x branch, please provide a patch so that I can apply the same
on source code. Thanks.

Regards,
Praveen.

-----Original Message-----
From: snmp4j-boun...@agentpp.org [mailto:snmp4j-boun...@agentpp.org] On
Behalf Of Frank Fock
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 2:59 AM
To: snmp4j@agentpp.org
Subject: Re: [SNMP4J] Performance hotspot in Cipher.getInstance() method
call

Hi Praveen,

SNMP4J is not caching the cipher object. Apparently, the performance
overhead of retrieving a Cipher instance is not that great with newer Java
versions.
Nevertheless, I am currently working on a caching solution, which does not
introduce a new bootleneek for multi-threaded usage for SNMP4J 2.x.

If it will possible, I will also provide a backport to the 1.x branch.

Best regards,
Frank