Really long tail moment Mike. Shock absorbing nose cone? How would one do that?
Thanks, Walter
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Lachowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Marta Zavala" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Lachowski Pod For Sale

Yes, Terry's fuselage has a very long nose moment. That would be the longest of the bunch. It will help if you have a heavy tail or need a really long tail moment.

The longer Supra pod I make is plenty long enough to balance a model with a reasonable tail. With a light tail, you have to make sure you don't put in too heavy of a battery pack.

The shorter pod usually requires a little nose weight. It is also smaller, only 2" diameter. It also penetrates soft ground really well. So if you are in the part of the country that gives 0 landing points if the tail isn't on the ground, it's a bad choice.

I like the shorter pod better for landings. Long noses tend to have more spring in them and bounce more. Unless you put on a shock absorbing nosecone. Terry's fuselage is well suited for that setup since the nose just slides over the pod.

Marta Zavala wrote:
Even the larger pod Phil is using wont be long enough.  I see that the
Mantis fuse Terry makes has a pretty long nose moment so I will probably go with that pod.