> > The Hitec Spectra has probably had the
>> longest run/best chance for positive evolution.  Now JR, Fut & Mpx have 
>> similar units, but relatively little consumer field experience.
>
>
> Huh?  Futaba came out with a synthesized module for the 9Z series of 
> radios long before Hitec had the Spectra module.

No disrespect to the futaba module, but the hitec spectra module existed 
long before
the 9Z radio hit the market. I used the hitec module on my futaba 8uaf over 
10 years
ago and on my hitec radio almost 20 years ago. I think futaba is relatively 
new player
in the freq. module game by comparison. I am sure they are fine though, this 
is all very
old technology, our cell phones have been far more advanced during the same 
time
period, but there is a much larger consumer body driving their development.
The new spread spectrum stuff will force the companies to get competetive on 
a new
level in order to stay in biz. and not become dinosaurs (like our current 
radios were the day they were built).
I hope they can eventually do the spread spectrum on lower freqs. like , 
maybe 72mhz. hmmmm, we already
use that freq,,,,,,,,,,,,,


Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com 


RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and 
unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.  
Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in 
text format

Reply via email to