Decaf, Daryl, Decaf!!!!

Darwin
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daryl Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Corey Groves" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 9:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Gluing Servos v.s. Servo Frames

<<These frames weigh
next to nothing and can be glued into the wing with
medium or black CA. >>

I think I'll just start taping a 1/2 ounce of lead to
every servo for absolutely no reason... ;-) I enjoyed
that thread of a few weeks ago where the engineer,
don't know his name, talked about getting all the
unnecessary weight out of his model. I'm pretty much
the same way, without getting nuts about it.

I put my servos in with a mixture of 5 minute and
micro-balloons (Peanut butter thick mixture). I do not
prepare the servo by sanding it or cleaning so it will
stick to the epoxy mixture. They pop right out if need
be. And there is a little "pocket" remaining to drop
the next servo right in. Of course you can wrap the
servo in masking tape, saran wrap, or even put mold
release on it... In my Insanity, (a bagged wing POS),
I did have Dave Hauch put a false bottom of ply into
the servo hole, since the Airtronics new wing servos
have little mounting lugs... but even as many times as
I've slammed that thing into the ground, never had to
change a servo. So I won't mess with that in the next
one.

I realize the "anal retentives" in the group need the
install to be pretty. After the servo covers go on...
who can see it?

My main question remains... what are you guys doing to
destroy your servos? Instead of bullding all of this
unnecessary crap into your airplanes, why not learn to
NOT break the darn things???

Just thinkin' out loud...