Ask Bruce if there is enough room for his Jack Ass to roam. LOL
A Marketing revelation! I think that should be the new LASS Mascot. I see a similarity in name. Maybe light duty transportation or even... Jack Ass Rides?
Steve Meyer
SOAR
LSF IV
At 10:13 PM 3/16/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Okay guys,
Our crack team of Louisville Area Soaring Society experts have headed out and measure the site after the HUGE excitement over the size of polo fields versus football fields.
Now I have been on the road for nearly a month straight, so I told them NOT to use the Polo Field analogy, no matter what!
First off be assured it is very flat, very smooth and very open, so we are all excited about this being the most fun Louisville Midsouth we have ever attempted. Man on Man, the space to put up a plethora of ships all at once, is only a few reasons for the excitement, location to the river and adjoining varied landscapes, should produce some fun conditions, worthy of a USA major.
Unfortunately everyone of our guys was busy, so Bruce Davidson accepted the job of measuring the field....unfortunate because for those of you who don't know it, Bruce owns one of the premier salt water fish stores in the USA and is respected as 'the' authority' in the industry....so I guess we shouldn't be surprised about his report.
"Hi Gordy, You can let the soaring community know that for SURE, the new MidSouth Site is far bigger than a bunch of really large home aquariums..combined".
Hopefully this resolves questions about the size of the site!
http://louisvillesoaring.org/content/view/105/43/
Gordy

