   From:    Craig Allen
   To: soaring@airage.com
   Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:45    PM
   Subject: [RCSE] 2.4 G Futaba v JR, .....    Thanks :-)

I just want to thank everyone    for the very thoughtful and informative post.

I was expecting a lot of    flames :-) hehe

Just a little background... I left Soaring in 1979    after moving to LA to
work in the Film Industry.

I took my trusty    Kraft 4ch transmitter and my Super Esprit, White Trash and
Todi to Pearce    collage in the Valley and watched some guys ( Probably Joe,
and a few other of    U hot shots" Launching their home made Carbon rockets to
the moon... I asked "    Hay were can you buy one of those gliders" They all
laughed at me and said "    You can't, you have to make them" ...... Oh shit :-(

I went home that    day and put my planes in the closet never to fly again....
Oh ya... My cars    engine froze up on the way home to Hollywood too.. So all
in all it was a very    bad day.

In 1999 I was back in Sac town searching the web and somehow    found DLG's.
WOW I was hooked... More bang for your buck !!! U bet ya...    Now I had to buy
a new radio.. I went to the local hobby shop and bought a    Airtronics Stylus
Radio.... Could I program by myself ??  Hell No... Then    after some time I
traded that for a brand new JR 10x... Could I program it???    Hell No.... I
still have it if anyone want to make me an offer? Never used    once in 4
years..

Then I went and looked at a Futaba 9c... Within 5 min    I could program it. It
was so so simple, just like my Apple 2 and my very    first Mackintosh. I think
you will notice a lot of newcomer to the hobby chose    Futaba for this reason
as well.

So I have been flying Futaba ever    since.... Maybe I'm missing something that
I don't know about.. But time after    time I see people out at the local field
with Radio issues, Programing issues,    and it's never been a Futaba. So what
ever I might be missing, I don't miss    :-)))

As far as Spread Spectrum systems. From purely  an    engineering point of
view, the Futaba system is by far more reliable.. Sure    the JR system might
work just fine. Although we have already heard reports of    problems with
satellite receivers... But true Spread Spectrum is the only way    to go and I
would not buy any 2.4 system that doesn't have it....

Just    my two cents :-)

Craig