Gordy, are you aware that Memphis Twine supplies line to Marks new source ?

Ho Ho Ho and have a Merry Cristmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards, Dave Corven.
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> IN the good ole days (and California contests) we used to use  spliced line
> from Memphis Twine.  It was fine for years but as  airframes improved, winch
> motors standardized, and skill levels rose, the  spliced line started
> breaking... a lot.
>
> So one day someone posts a note looking for a different source....Mark pops
> up with a new source that turns out is every bit as good as he (and we hoped
> it  would be)...and line breaks went away, at least from bad line (it can
> still
> get  cuts and ground damaged).
>
> The guys who feel that only they know 'how' to launch imply that a line
> break is now caused by launch abuse or a lack of understanding of the use of
> launch technique.  So if anyone this season breaks a line, he'll be  banished
> and
> embarrassed, but likely those of great insight will come to provide  launch
> skill enlightenment.
>
> The new big planes that pull hard (Sharon, Icon, Perfect) finally had a
> launch that was up to their abilities and that just made things more fun.
>
> I have to grin at the shouts and touts of launch system limiters....our
> hobby is in its twilight, its already expensive and NO one is going to just
> dump
> their club winches and anty up cash for something less.  It ain't gonna
> happen, so take a reality check ;-).
>
> Then we have the hard liners: "If you break a line you have to fly it out!"
> :-( Grrrrr!
>
> Last I checked we have pretty much decided that MOM is more fun, and it
> ain't MOM if one of our buddies doesn't get a launch.  And last I checked  we
> don't accuse friends of winch line abuse.  Friends, its the reason we do
> contests, to share a day of soaring, a chance to compare our skills with
> others,
> chance to see where the bench mark of skill is compared to our own.
>
> Pretty sure Mark still can get that line and will ship it west of the Miss
> :-).
>
> And of course, don't get it wet....it is fishing line, so has been
> engineered to work best when dry. :-)
>
> Gordy

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

Last I checked we have pretty much decided that MOM is more fun, and it ain't MOM if one of our buddies doesn't get a launch.  And last I checked we don't accuse friends of winch line abuse.  Friends, its the reason we do contests, to share a day of soaring, a chance to compare our skills with others, a chance to see where the bench mark of skill is compared to our own.

Pretty sure Mark still can get that line and will ship it west of the Miss :-).

And of course, don't get it wet....it is fishing line, so has been engineered to work best when dry. :-)

Gordy

--- End Message ---