Gordy, can you read? Pretty tactless on your part. I'd be willing to bet
you a paycheck that the lines at TNT were'nt much more than 600'...
that's what I suggested... 600'. There's some wisdom in what I propose
if you think about it, which was the goal of the challenge... to make
some people think.

I have been around this world of soaring since the Windfree was king. I
know that there are too many Gordys out there to ever get anything
changed and made more challenging. It gets easier all the time with the
better sailplanes and higher launches and the landing aids. I wonder
what you would have been like as a modeller when we had to build it to
fly it. I don't find it challenging to launch to 8-900' with a nearly
aerodynamically perfect 140" model to make 10 minutes. I just want the
rest of the US soaring group to think and maybe someone will come up
with something better, more challenging, and more fun. Apparently
what's happening IS shortening the lines already. Our numbers are
falling off. Some of us are concerned about that.

Now, who's really got farts in his brains? Pretty tactless on your
part.

Jack

--
schrederman