I've been using the Becker for years with no problems.  Anyone else use a
Becker?

  From: Robert Samuels
  To: soaring@airage.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 5:40 PM
  Subject: [RCSE] Antenna Follies

   I had a transmitter antenna problem last year.  My Futaba 8 U has a Smiley
Rubber Ducky antenna.  This attaches by means of a spring loaded bayonet mount.
 Due to the design the spring loading allows the mating pin to flex back and
fourth a bit.  After years of use I found the pin had broken off and that I had
been flying with the antenna connection just barely touching.  I think that is
what caused the crash of my Organic at last years Nats.

  So I bought a new Rubber Ducky antenna assuming I would get a few more years
of use before it failed.  I was wrong.  I just checked it and found it had
failed the same way.  After only a few months of use.  Probably due to all the
HL flying I've been doing which causes a lot of flexing of the spring loaded
mount back and fourth during the launching process with it's attendant mating
pin flexing.

  Glad I caught it during a shop check.

  Robert Samuels .......... St. Louis