Hi Dave,

I have three Electric tow planes...

The first one my brother Scott Allen uses.. Its a Hanger 9 Super Cub that they
don;t make anymore... Axi 4330  9s3p thunder-power packs turning a 20/6/8 prop.
weighing in at around 18 pounds... But I'm going to convert it to a Axi 4345/18
with 12s 3p turning a 24/10...

My other tow plane is a highly modified Stinger from Tower Hobbies... I
lengthened the nose by 4' to balance it,  cut the rudder down by 6' and made a
sub fin. I was worried the rudder would get broken off by the tow line. It has
a 4345 Axi using 12s2p A123 cells. But I'm going to convert it to regular
lithium cells from www.hobbycity.com  6600ma pack for $250 but I have to make
it myself...:-)

But my favorite tow plane is the one I'm working on right now... 110 Rascal
I'll use the 4345 for now but would like to use two of them on one shaft to
give me 8 to 10 hp :-) Then I can tow up just about anything.... But I'm still
on Workman's comp from breaking my back so my budget is limited....

Unfortunately mostly of our club members ( SVSS) Sacramento Ca.  Are all talk
and no action... The major draw back as I see it is battery cost... I'd be
willing to give the Stinger to someone if they would come up with 2 sets of
batteries to fly it....

Craig
PS... If Brian Chan would sell me his 1/3 scale Space Walker.. Now that would
make a killer electric tow plane :-)