In a message dated 5/31/2008 11:52:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You?
Gordy,

    Beautiful flying day in Lilian, AL.  With  the help of Gerry Baxter, I
have been converting the SBXC to the 2.4  system.  Today was the day for the
flight tests after going as far as we  could go on the bench.  Thanks to the
Sherman Knight write up posted on the  Horizon web site, the set up of the 9303
2.4 was much easier than  expected.  Thanks Sherman for all the details to make
it work.

    The flight of the "Beast" was preceded by may HL  and 2M flights to take
advantage of the great lift.  Even the 53 oz 2M  climbed like a homesick
angel. HL's were up and away on every launch.

    Slowly I am getting the 2.4 models transferred to  the 9303.  Progress wa
s slowed a bit yesterday when the Super Ava went into  fail safe nearly 1/2
mile downwind at 900 ft.  The resulting slow left turn  descent put it even
further downwind with no chance of reacquiring the  signal.  A couple of
surprised
youngsters saw it land in the field beside  their house and had it waiting
for me when I walked over.  One wing tip  needs some attention, but otherwise
unscratche.  Looks like I need a 2.4  friendly pod for the AVA (Barry, got your
ears on?).  I have the satellite  receivers in the outer panels of the center
section, but I guess that is not  sufficient.

    Tomorrow is a friendly competition in Niceville,  FL.  The launch is via
high start so the Super AVA should work well.

Don  Richmond
San Diego, CA (Pensacola, FL for a few  weeks)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_www.hilaunch.com_ (http://www.hilaunch.com/)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.