In a message dated 11/5/2001 6:34:47 PM Central Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Subject: Re: [RCSE] OVSS/MoM 2002 >>
I'm a Texan and the OVSS is a little too far for my weekend jaunt. I'm 
responding to my buddies Jim and Steve in Chicagoland comments about MoM. My 
only exposure to the re-matrix format (MoM) was in the Midwest HLG series 
while working in Chicago in '98. I admit I do not know how difficult or easy 
it is to re-matrix between rounds especially with large entry numbers but the 
HLG series with usually 20-25 entries did it quick. It was a challenge to get 
to the top group and once there, remain there! It also spread the results as 
the top, middle and bottom performing pilots kept knocking each other off. 
For example, say you have 3 outstanding pilots among 20 flyers. In a 5 round 
contest they may only met the other top pilots once or twice. In the MoM 
format the contest leader and the next highest placing pilots fly against 
each other every round--think some of the top flight group are going to get 
knocked down to the "B" and "C" group---You betcha! For guys that like to 
compete it's a bit of heaven, you are always challenged, never a free pass, 
and most likely experience an accelerated learning curve in whatever event it 
is applied. 
I've only encountered it in the Midwest but I never forgot it, and BTW--when 
you win, you've really won! You've knocked off every good flyer there, no 
luck of the matrix deal. One last thought, I'm not lobbying on behalf of this 
format because it was good to me--I never won a Midwest HLG Series event. It 
just made for a better level of competition in the opinion of this 
non-snowbound Texan.

Sincerely,
Bruce Hobbs
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and 
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to