Jon,
    In reading this (had it before) I see the following:
 
The LSF has an agenda as well, lets be up front about that !!
  • Promote Soaring
  • Promote the LSF Personal Achievement Program.
  • Help sponsor a successful R/C Soaring Nationals at the NAC located at Muncie,Indiana.
  • Have the events supported by more than 15 contestants per event.
  • To have all team type events grouped together and all winch type events grouped together to save on labor.
  •  
    To me these really are not goals for a national championship, but general goals for the LSF. 
     
    - #1 and #2 are great goals, but to be honest they can be goals for any event in the US.
    - # 3 is great as well...but what defines "successful"  Attendence?   Recognition?  No rain?  Etc...  This is rather undefined in my opinion. 
    - #4 directly addresses attendence, but again it says 15 per event, not 50 or 75 or even 300.  15 is a rather low number based on the discussion presented on RCSE and this document.  It seems that evnets should have say 40 to be "continued" and less than that is no good.  So is attendence the top priority?  15 makes it seem like the emphasis is on the competition, not numbers, yet every discussion centers around the number of competitors. 
    - #5 is an operational goal, and really does not involve any specific goal for the LSF.
     
        Perhaps I should be more direct with questions.
     
    Does the AMA/LSF care that the internationl community does not "recognize" our national champions?
     
    Does the AMA/LSF care that most US competitors consider events like Visalia to be the true national championships due to prestige, competition level, and attendance?
     
    Perhaps the NATS name should actually be say the "North Americans" or "NAs" in recognition of it's location not it's competition? 
     
    Etc.
     
    I'm not trying to be an ass or raise questions that are stupid or insulting.  That is not my intention.  To me honest I have limited vacation time this year to participate in events.  I have several "National Championships" to pick from this year, from several sailing championships, full size soaring, and models (NATS and team selections for F3b).  Before signing up to participate as I did last year I want to know that thier goals are similar to mine.  And currently I don't totally understand the LSF's goals.
     
    Jason
     

    Reply via email to