One of the best ways to finish your fuse is to start with Krylon
sandable primer.  Sand this down with 360 or 400 wet sandpaper till
it's almost off and fuse has a nice sheen.  Spray with Kryon or
Duplicolor (automive touch-up paint).  Let dry over night.
Sand down with 400 wet to just cut the paint surface.  Then sand with
2000 grit sandpaper.  Be careful not to sand through the paint.  Once
you have a dull sheen, polish out with 3M Finesse.  This is a white
liquid polishing mixture used to -you guessed it- take out 2000
sanding scratches.  You should try a small section to get it just the
way you want as a test and go from there.
This will take a couple of hours one night but your finish will be
mirror perfect.  Your fuse will look like a molded finish.  After a
season of hard flying I find I just shoot from the wing TE forward,
sand out and polish and it looks like a new fuse.
It will take a little time to get it just right but well worth it.

Good Luck.

Phil