At 06:10 PM 10/22/2004, Gordy wrote:

<snip>
Guess how many hours these two have been worked in my Pike?  94 hours !!!
Who flys more than me :-)  Volz Digitals will tell !

I can't believe she's gonna make me rake leaves tomorrow, I hardly got to fly this year :-(
Gordy

Is that all? I figured that you would have flown a lot more than that. :-) Your post got me wondering how much I have flown this year so I checked my model logs. (Yes, I do log every flight.) I found that I have made 348 flights since January 1, 2004 on 7 different models, four of which are my own designs. I don't record flight times but, unless practicing landings, a typical flight consist of practicing zooms followed by searching for lift. If I find a good thermal, I bail out when I reach enough altitude for a 10 minute flight and go back upwind to launch altitude and start over. No matter how many thermals I find, I never fly over about 15 minutes without landing. I never stay with a thermal for more than 10 minutes unless it is a weak thermal at low altitude. Circling at high altitude is boring but trying to work a weak thermal at low altitude is fun. Every flight ends with a traffic pattern and spot landing. Looking over my logs, I estimate that an average flight is probably less than 8 minutes. Using 6 minutes per flight gives a total flying time of 48 hours so far this year. I also never fly more that 8 flights a day. This old neck gets tired looking up a lot sooner that it used to.

Chuck Anderson