In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Bob Peck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Pike Owner's,
>   What is your antenna solution for the v-tail? I have seen the Samba
>website but would like to know of your practical experience. This is my
>second Pike. My first is a light model with the antenna ran through the wing
>D connector out into the wing behind the spar and carbon D-tube leading
>edge. It ground checks "OK" and I can fly it at the edge of my sight with no
>problems.(72mHz)
>   My new Pike (50mHz) has a carbon center section and I won't use the
>above setup. I built another with a carbon c-section Pike and doubled the
>antenna length to .5 wave and dangled it out the back of the fuse. Reception
>is good, but it looks like hell and it is bothersome during launch. Any
>suggestions? BTW radio equipment is Airtronics TX/RX.

Hi there, I have a few Pikes and have tried all the options on the web
site. I prefer the split V extension where aerial wire is fed up both
tailplane halves and only an inch or so is left dangling in the breeze.
With the cross tail I extend and run the aerial up the rudder trailing
edge.
With the V Extreme the wire is extended and only goes up one tailplane
half, no reason except to try it. All methods work well, no glitches or
unexpected flap/aileron movements that can be traced to the radio.
I unfortunately have to admit that the unqualified wobbles are all pilot
induced.

--
Ron Russell