I’d love to see a servo with the same reliability and performance as the DS 368 at 2/3 of the price. It is quite a blow to pay $300 for four wing servos. $200 is almost at the point where the wife doesn’t notice.

Anker

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] New Airtronics Digital Wing Servo

I thought I would give you guys a heads up, the new Digital Wing Servo from Airtronics is now a reality.  Sanwa was a little slow to realize the need for a competitive wing servo. JR , Futaba, and Volz all have top of the line wing servos, my favorite is the JR DS 368. I got 4 of the new servos to test, and have them installed in my Starlight 3000 Xtail. The servo is about the same size as the DS368, just a little thinner, and features case lugs for either top or side mounting. Torque specs and holding power are equivalent to the DS368. The servo has a very nice feel to it with no servo arm rock and a good gear mesh with minimal play. So far speed and centering are very good, I  plan on  thorough testing with this model and will get back to you on how they hold up. The servo will be available in early 2005 with a street price around $53.00. Best regards and Happy Holidays to my Soaring Buds around the World  Larry Jolly   I included a pictures at my web site:

http://www.ljmp.com/servo/Servo1.jpg

http://www.ljmp.com/servo/Servo2.jpg