socaltech.com TechNews - Friday, September 16, 2016
Edited by Benjamin F. Kuo
ISSN: 1524-6736
http://www.socaltech.com/News

TVC Capital LLC (www.tvccapital.com)
Investments and acquisitions of growing software companies.

Stubbs Alderton Markiles, LLP (http://www.stubbsalderton.com).
Business. Technology. Law. Vision.

PricewaterhouseCoopers (http://www.socaltech.com/pwc).

Safire Partners (http://www.safirepartners.com).
Los Angeles-based executive search for emerging growth companies

Binary Pulse Technology Marketing (http://www.binarypulse.com).
We Create Demand for California's Technology Companies.

Shimokaji IP (http://www.shimokaji.com)
Bettering Life Through Creative Ideas

   --Indeed Prime On Why Los Angeles Is A Hot Technology Jobs Market
   --Newegg Gets Investment From Hangzhao Liaison Interactive
   --LA Launches New Business Information Portal
   --ViaSat Powers Tiered Wi-Fi For North Carolina Train Service
   --Report: Unilever Eyes The Honest Company
   --Tesla Motors Selected For Massive Battery Storage Project In SoCal
   --LumaTax Raises $2M For Small Business Tax Reporting Software
   --FastPay Gets Strategic Funding From Citi Ventures

   MARKETPLACE
   --How to Successfully Position Your Company to be Sold
   --Oracle
   --Support Our News Coverage - Become A Member Today!
   --TriNet - HR Services
   --Technical Connections - Connecting Tech Talent with Premier
Clients in SoCal
   --Project X – New Design Focused Accelerator in Los Angeles
   --Pixelgate.net - Internet Access, Web Hosting, Network Services

   RECENT JOB POSTINGS
   --President, Los Angeles or Bay Area, Podiim, Inc.

   RECENT FUNDING

   EVENTS

Indeed Prime On Why Los Angeles Is A Hot Technology Jobs Market
----
Most of the insiders and hiring executives in Los Angeles know how
hard it is to find technical talent in Los Angeles—but not all realize
it's not because of lack of talent, but because of very high demand.
Last week, job search service Indeed launched a new service in Los
Angeles, called Indeed Prime, hoping to jump into the market for
finding talent here to address that issue. We spoke with VP of Indeed
Prime, Terence Chiu, about the new service—and more importantly, why
the company decided that it needed to be in Los Angeles, as one of the
growing tech hubs in the U.S., because it's been such a hot job
market.

Briefly tell us about your new service?

Terence Chiu: Indeed Prime is a new product Indeed is building, to
attract top software engineers, and connect them with the best,
attractive companies hiring software engineers. We (More...)
http://www.socaltech.com/indeed_prime_on_why_los_angeles_is_a_hot_technology_jobs_market/s-0067161.html

Newegg Gets Investment From Hangzhao Liaison Interactive
----
Los Angeles-based online technology retailer Newegg announced late
Thursday that it has received a "significant" investment from Chinese
company Hangzhao Liaison Interactive Information Technology Co., Ltd.
. Size of the investment was not announced. Newegg said that it will
use the new funding for its strategic initiatives, including
international expansion, broadened product offerings, and expansion
into areas such as eSports, virtual reality, and augmented reality.

LA Launches New Business Information Portal
----
The City of Los Angeles is reaching out new and small businesses,
aimed at providing information to those businesses on everything from
negotiating leases to securing business loans--plus dealing with city
paperwork on registering a new business. (More...)
http://www.socaltech.com/la_launches_new_business_information_portal/s-0067177.html

ViaSat Powers Tiered Wi-Fi For North Carolina Train Service
----
Carlsbad-based satellite Internet provider ViaSat is powering a new,
onboard Wi-Fi service for North Carolina, on with the North Carolina
Department of Transportation (NCDOT) Rail Division. According to
ViaSat, the department will be bringing new, tiered Wi-Fi service to
railway passengers traveling the 174 mile route between Raleigh and
Charlotte, North Carolina. Financial details of the deal were not
announced. ViaSat said its broadband services will be used for a Wi-Fi
plan which includes a basic "Bronze" level, along with a "Silver" and
"Gold" plan with higher speeds and additional streaming media options.
ViaSat had already been providing a basic Wi-Fi service to the NCDOT's
trains.

Report: Unilever Eyes The Honest Company
----
Is another, Los Angeles consumer startup--The Honest Company--about to
be acquired by Unilever? An unconfirmed report Thursday afternoon,
from TechCrunch, says that Unilever is in early talks to acquire the
company, founded by Jessica Alba and SoCal serial entrepreneur Brian
Lee. If true, an acquisition would be the second by the company of a
high profile, Los Angeles startup this year, after the acquisition of
Santa Monica's Dollar Shave Club by Unilever--for a billion
dollars--in May. The Honest Company has been hinting that it has been
working on a possible IPO filing over the last year or so.
http://www.socaltech.com/report_unilever_eyes_the_honest_company/s-0067174.html

Tesla Motors Selected For Massive Battery Storage Project In SoCal
----
Tesla Motors has been selected to build and install massive, 80
megawatt battery storage facility in Southern California, as part of a
new contract with Southern California Edison, the two announced on
Thursdy. (More...)
http://www.socaltech.com/tesla_motors_selected_for_massive_battery_storage_project_in_socal/s-0067172.html

LumaTax Raises $2M For Small Business Tax Reporting Software
----
LumaTax, a new startup has offices in both San Diego and Seattle,
Washington, has raised $2M in a funding, the company said on Thursday.
(More...)
http://www.socaltech.com/lumatax_raises__m_for_small_business_tax_reporting_software/s-0067170.html
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/index.php?action=showdeal&id=77535

FastPay Gets Strategic Funding From Citi Ventures
----
Los Angeles-based FastPay, which provides working capital loans to
digital businesses, has scored a strategic funding round from Citi
Ventures, according to the company. The size of that investment was
not announced. The company, led by Jed Simon, helps companies who have
a long accounts payable cycle--such as online publishers and mobile
app developers--cover working capital needs. FastPay ays that so far,
it has originated nearly $1.5 billion in loans, and now has more than
70 employees. FastPay said in January that it had just hit the $1
billion loan mark, so the company is apparently seeing acceleration in
its loan business.
http://www.socaltech.com/fastpay_gets_strategic_funding_from_citi_ventures/s-0067168.html

MARKETPLACE
Reach 10000+ readers for 5 days for $250
Post your marketplace ad at: http://www.socaltech.com/postad.html

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

How to Successfully Position Your Company to be Sold

How to Successfully Position Your Company to be Sold
September 22, 2016

Location:  Stubbs Alderton & Markiles - Preccelerator Program space -
1453
3rd Street Promenade, Suite 300, Santa Monica, CA

Parking 4th Street/Broadway ramp or in the Santa Monica Place Mall

Featuring Moderator: Jonathan R. Hodes, Partner, Stubbs Alderton &
Markiles, LLP Panelists: David Herman, Managing Partner, Diamond Capital
Advisors  Jennifer Sargent, CEO & Co-Founder, Hitfix  Scott Galer,
Partner, Stubbs Alderton, & Markiles, LLP Eli Eisenberg, Founder & CEO,
Straight Line Management

Register today at:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/stubbs-alderton-markiles-llp-presents-how-to-successfully-position-your-company-to-be-sold-tickets-27416822454

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

Oracle

Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud
applications and platform services for small and mid-sized businesses. For
more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com. In Los
Angeles, contact Ryan Mondillo (ryan.mondi...@oracle.com).

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

Support Our News Coverage - Become A Member Today!

We often get asked--how do we pay for our news coverage and our publishing
efforts? That's simple -- it's a combination of our sponsors and YOU. How
can YOU make sure you continue to get news on Southern California's
technology industry? By becoming a member of socaltech! Not only do you
get to support our news coverage, but you also get access to our big
database of Southern California companies, venture investors, service
providers, and deal information, and many other resources. We are relying
on YOU!

Join today at http://www.socaltech.com/Membership

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

TriNet - HR Services

TriNet is a leading provider of HR services that takes the stress out of
daily HR distractions. Our HR bundled product includes payroll, human
capital consulting, compliance laws, benefits, workers compensation and
more. Our services are delivered by our expert team of HR professionals
enabled by our cloud-based technology platform. We focus on our clients
and their employees to streamline their HR transactions anytime and
anywhere. Focus on your clients, while TriNet focuses on your HR. For more
information, please visit http://www.trinet.com.

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

Technical Connections - Connecting Tech Talent with Premier Clients in SoCal

Technical Connections is Southern California’s premier staffing firm
specializing exclusively in web, software and information technology
professionals. With offices in Los Angeles and Orange County, TCI offers a
full range of services including retained search, contingency placement,
and short- and long-term consulting, to companies ranging from Fortune
100’s to start-ups. http://www.technicalconnections.com

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

Project X – New Design Focused Accelerator in Los Angeles

Launch your next MVP. Be Victorious. Conquer the perils of poorly branded
products, semi-good stories, and underwhelming UX/UI front-end design and
dev.

Project X is a business unit of the Los Angeles based digital agency La
Visual.  UX/UI strategy, rapid-prototyping and design, world-class
branding, product strategy & design, testing,  rollout strategies,
mentorship, and access to exclusive funding.

Don't be shy. Hit us up and we will talk about your next startup.
Drop us a line // See how we can help you: i...@lavisual.com
Check it out here // http://lavisual.com/projectx

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

Pixelgate.net - Internet Access, Web Hosting, Network Services

We put the "Service" back into Internet Service Provider.
http://www.pixelgate.net

------------------------------ADVERTISEMENT-------------------------------

RECENT JOB POSTINGS
More jobs at http://www.socaltech.com/Jobs
Members post jobs for free

President, Los Angeles or Bay Area, Podiim, Inc.
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5683

Senior Product Development Manager, Irvine, Belkin
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5680

Director of Communication Systems Engineering, Hawthorne, SpaceX
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5679

Marketing Manager, Los Angeles, Belkin
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5678

Software Engineer, Los Angeles, Factual
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5677

Interim Controller/CFO Consultants and other Accounting/Finance
Consultants, Los Angeles, Agility Financial Partners, LLC
http://www.socaltech.com/showjob.php?id=5676

RECENT FUNDING SUMMARY

09/15/16 Digital Map Products                     $36.3M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77534

09/14/16 Tipalti                                  $14.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77469

09/13/16 DEFY Media                               $70.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77467

09/13/16 Glooko                                   $8.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77427

09/13/16 VizExplorer                              $0.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77425

09/12/16 Portfolium, Inc.                         $6.6M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77363

09/12/16 AcuFocus                                 $66.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77361

09/06/16 Rox Medical                              $40.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77185

08/30/16 Petnet                                   $10.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77057

08/29/16 GOAT                                     $5.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=77054

08/29/16 Vroozi                                   $4.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=76960

08/23/16 Singlera Genomics                        $20.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=76850

08/22/16 Mabvax Therapeutics                      $9.4M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=76798

08/18/16 Avelas Biosciences                       $20.0M
http://www.socaltech.com/intelligence/?action=showdeal&id=76744

Upcoming Events This Month http://www.socaltech.com/Calendar
socaltech.com Calendar of Southern California High Tech Events

Submit your events at least two weeks in advance to:
http://www.socaltech.com/submitevent.html

September 16, Los Angeles -- Authentic Marketing Conference. Medialeaders.
This event will feature 30+ speakers delivering key takeaways in digital
marketing. All of the panels will show real tips, tactics and helpful
stories that the attendees can use in their field. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25418

September 16, Glendale -- Celebrate tech and innovation September 14 - 17,
2016 with talks, panels, networking events, and happy hours. General
Admission Tickets ($50) include access to all the week’s events including
a Job Fair at the Verdugo Jobs Center, Site Tour of the newly completed
CBRE offices at the Masonic Temple, Lunch at LegalZoom, Panel Discussion
with Disney, Reception at the Museum of Neon Art, plus so much more (space
is limited per event, RSVPs are required). All-Access Tickets ($100)
includes admission to the celebrity tribute concert at the Alex Theatre
with headliners to be announced soon.Hosted by the Glendale Economic
Development Division, Glendale Tech Week will offer a fun and inspiring
environment to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in and around Glendale.
 . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25446

September 16, Los Angeles -- Authentic Marketing Conference – Los Angeles.
MediaLeaders. What: One day event with: 8+ panel discussions, 4+ deep-dive
breakout sessions, networking with influencers, bloggers and brands who
want to develop impactful campaigns. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25382

September 17, Glendale -- Celebrate tech and innovation September 14 - 17,
2016 with talks, panels, networking events, and happy hours. General
Admission Tickets ($50) include access to all the week’s events including
a Job Fair at the Verdugo Jobs Center, Site Tour of the newly completed
CBRE offices at the Masonic Temple, Lunch at LegalZoom, Panel Discussion
with Disney, Reception at the Museum of Neon Art, plus so much more (space
is limited per event, RSVPs are required). All-Access Tickets ($100)
includes admission to the celebrity tribute concert at the Alex Theatre
with headliners to be announced soon.Hosted by the Glendale Economic
Development Division, Glendale Tech Week will offer a fun and inspiring
environment to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in and around Glendale.
 . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25447

September 20, Santa Monica -- Latin America Tech Meetup Los Angeles (LATM
LA). Latin America is the one of the most observed emerging economies. By
creating a culture of need-based applications, social entrepreneurship and
government assistance, LATAM has been on the radar of many venture
capitalists, corporates, and founders that want to collaborate. Our vision
is to connect Silicon Beach and LATAM’s developing ecosystems. Our event
will be divided into two segments: Panel Discussion: Our notable panelists
will discuss trends, opportunities and personal involvement in Latin
America’s emerging startup economy. Networking: After our panel
discussion, attendees will have the opportunity to work the room, and
speak with various influencers in LATAM and Silicon Beach. Who: Venture
capitalists, corporates, and founders from both Silicon Beach and LATAM
that want to create open dialogue about open collaboration or
opportunitiesNEW . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25472

September 20, Los Angeles -- LA Advertising Professionals. Mix, mingle, and
network with other advertising professionals.  Find partners, meet new
people, and do deals. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25458

September 21, Santa Barbara -- "Artificial Intelligence... Friend or Foe?"
Explore the Unfolding Mystery of AIs Impact of Humanity. MIT Enterprise
Forum of the Central Coast. Is humanity at the dawn of a new age of
enlightenment, inspired by benign AI enabled tech; or on an unalterable
path to computer driven subservience to AI powered, self-aware machines?
At present, the benefits of AI enhanced applications spanning a plethora
of technologies emerging in the areas of healthcare, transportation,
security and data management, dominate the realm of public commentary.
Join us for a discussion of today's exciting AI enabled technologies, and
how to address the common sense moral and ethical questions being created
as we expand  machine's ability to learn, and implement them as decision
making agents in our communities. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25437

September 21, Los Angeles -- LA Fintech Mix Mingle Network. Come mix and
mingle with other Financial Technologist's Wed Setp 21.  Learn about the
newest and fastest changes going on in financial technology.  Finance is
undergoing a massive change some call the "financial paradigm".  Laws from
1930-1940 (old right?) are getting broken down with technological
innovation in finance.  Find partners, talk about your project, bounce
ideas, discover LA Fintech. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25457

September 22, Los Angeles -- TechDay West Coast. TechDay launched with the
goal of fostering and highlighting emerging technology. Since it's
inception, TechDay has introduced thousands of companies to the public,
press, & investing communities. We are proud to bring the largest startup
event series in the U.S. back to the West Coast via Los Angeles. Join
TechDay for a look in to the future with over 300 of the most innovative
tech companies in the world. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25193

September 22, Los Angeles -- TechDay West Coast. TechDay West Coast has
officially opened it’s doors for the 2016 event and it’s destined to be
bigger & better than ever! On September 22nd, TechDay will host 300+ of
the hottest startups and tech companies for a day to celebrate innovation
in technology. TechDay will gather 10,000 attendees including investors,
press, influencers, top talent, users, entrepreneurs & many more. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25216

September 22, Los Angeles -- Digital and Beyond in LA - Forging a Connected
South LA. Digital and Beyond in LA. Forging a Connected South LA  A fun,
entertaining and informative look at what’s happening in LA and the role
young adults can play in shaping the future of technology and digital
media. We’ll cover Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, Start Up Life, and
Digital Media. Join us for an evening of fun, learning, networking and
momentum building. Whether you’re a start up, student, parent, non-profit,
executive or young professional, this gathering will help you gain insight
in the greater Los Angeles area and the role you can play in shaping the
future. . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25388

future. . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25391

September 22, Los Angeles -- Digital and Beyond in LA. Forging a Connected
South LA. Digital and Beyond in LA. Forging a Connected South LA  A fun,
entertaining and informative look at what’s happening in LA and the role
young adults can play in shaping the future of technology and digital
media. We’ll cover Entrepreneurship, Venture Capital, Start Up Life, and
Digital Media. Join us for an evening of fun, learning, networking and
momentum building. Whether you’re a start up, student, parent, non-profit,
executive or young professional, this gathering will help you gain insight
in the greater Los Angeles area and the role you can play in shaping the
future. . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25399

September 22, Santa Monica -- "How to Successfully Position Your Company to
be Sold" Location:  Stubbs Alderton & Markiles - Preccelerator Program
space - 1453 3rd Street Promenade, Suite 300, Santa Monica, CA Parking 4th
Street/Broadway ramp or in the Santa Monica Place Mall    Featuring
Moderator: Jonathan R. Hodes, Partner, Stubbs Alderton & Markiles, LLP
Panelists: David Herman, Managing Partner, Diamond Capital Advisors
Jennifer Sargent, CEO & Co-Founder, Hitfix  Scott Galer, Partner, Stubbs
Alderton, & Markiles, LLP Eli Eisenberg, Founder & CEO, Straight Line
Management. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25459

September 22, Santa Monica -- Drive Retention, Engagement & Growth w/
Behavioral Analytics. We are thrilled to partner with Interana for an
awesome evening about products, growth and analytics. Join this
interactive talk series with early innovators from Sonos, Tinder and
former Facebook executive to learn how they're using behavioral analytics
to better understand key business metrics like conversion, engagement, and
retention. You will leave this series with more insights into how
behavioral analytics can help you drive growth in your company. This event
is for all product managers, analytics maniacs, marketers, if you call
yourself a growthhacker you should join usNEW . See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25473

September 22, Los Angeles -- TechDay West Coast. TechDay is an expo for
tech startups that helps them gain exposure to press, investors, early
adopters and talent. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25370

September 23, Northridge -- Valley Hackathon II. The Valley Economic
Alliance is hosting Valley Hackathon II on Friday, September 23 from
9am-5pm at Cal State University, Northridge's Grand Salon. Valley
Hackathon II is a technology focused event that brings in students from
9th to 12th grade and college who are interested in computer science, web
and app development/design, public policy, marketing, government and
political science. Valley Hackathon II's challenge and teams will be
announced on morning of the event. Winners will be selected by a panel of
judges. Teams will be awarded with gifts and opportunities. A continental
breakfast and lunch will be provided for participants. Participants are
asked to bring laptops with Microsoft Powerpoint installed and a flash
drive.. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25387

September 24, Encino -- First Time Entrepreneur Workshop. LAVA. Join us for
our next First Time Entrepreneur Workshop! Matt Crowley from Crowley
Corporate Legal Strategy is teaching another great workshop with the LA
Venture Association (LAVA) on Saturday September 24th in Encino.  He will
be teaching about valuation, dilution, intellectual property rights,
working with co-founders, and a variety of other topics that are critical
for startup founders to master.. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25453

September 24, Encino -- First Time Entrepreneur Workshop. LAVA. Matt
Crowley from Crowley Corporate Legal Strategy is teaching another great
First Time Entrepreneur Workshop with the LA Venture Association (LAVA) on
Saturday September 24th in Encino.  He will be teaching about valuation,
dilution, intellectual property rights, working with co-founders, and a
variety of other topics that are critical for startup founders to master.
See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25440

September 28, Santa Monica  -- Biocom Welcome Reception and Fireside Chat
with Dr. Ric Kaner of UCLA. Fireside Chat with Ric Kaner,  UCLA Kaner Lab
 AND   Welcome Reception for  Biocom Los AngelesNEW . See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25470

September 29, Irvine -- Crowd-funding – Tales from the trenches:
Observations from a combatant. TCVN. Much has been anticipated about
crowd-funding and its impact on capital formation.  Come hear serial
entrepreneur and transformational leader, Scott Jarus, share his
experiences and perspective of raising capital as a CEO of both public and
privately-held companies. Is crowd-funding an effective strategy?   What
are the advantages and disadvantages. How does crowd-funding through Title
3, Reg CF and Reg A+ differ from sites such as KickStarter and IndieGoGo?
How is being a truly public company the same or different from being a
company which has gone through Reg CF and/or Reg A+? What are the costs
involved in crowd-funding through Reg CF and/or Reg A+NEW . See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25463

October 4, San Diego -- Energy Storage North America. North America's
largest conference, exhibition and networking event for the energy storage
industry. Now in its fourth year, ESNA connects developers, energy users,
utilities and policymakers to advance understanding and deployment of
energy storage and ultimately build a cleaner, more affordable, and more
resilient grid. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25431

October 5, San Diego -- Energy Storage North America. North America's
largest conference, exhibition and networking event for the energy storage
industry. Now in its fourth year, ESNA connects developers, energy users,
utilities and policymakers to advance understanding and deployment of
energy storage and ultimately build a cleaner, more affordable, and more
resilient grid. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25432

October 6, San Diego -- Energy Storage North America. North America's
largest conference, exhibition and networking event for the energy storage
industry. Now in its fourth year, ESNA connects developers, energy users,
utilities and policymakers to advance understanding and deployment of
energy storage and ultimately build a cleaner, more affordable, and more
resilient grid. See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25433

October 12, Thousand Oaks -- CalWave Ocean Wave Energy Project in
California. William Toman, President of Protean Wave Energy, will discuss
the new national CalWave Wave Energy testing center offshore near
Vandenberg Air Force Base. He will address how Wave Energy impacts the
environment and alternative energy plans.NEW . See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25471

October 13, Santa Monica -- Vator Splash LA.  What's behind LA's booming
tech ecosystem? Speakers include Marc Cuban; Nick Green, CEO & Founder of
Thrive Market, which has raised $149 million in financing. Brian Lee, CEO
& Founder of The Honest Company, which has raised $222 million in VC
funding. Adam Goldenberg, CEO & Founder of JustFab, an online subscription
fashion that’s raised $249 million in financing. Mike Jones, Founder of
Science, which has invested in some of LA’s top startups, like Dollar
Shave Club.  Leura Fine, CEO & Founder of Laurel & Wolf and Sean Brecker,
CEO of Headspace. . See http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25414

October 14, Los Angeles -- Digital Citizenship Conference #2. This event
features 30+ speakers delivering key takeaways in digital citizenship. All
of the panels share real tips, tactics and helpful stories attendees can
immediately use at home or in the classroom. See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/25419

October 15, Irvine -- 1st Annual Timmy Awards - Recognizing Best Tech
Employers (OC and SD). The Timmy Awards winners and nominees will be
recognized at a FREE event on October 15, 2015 at the UCI Institute for
Innovation. The evening will begin with cocktails, hor d'oeuvres, music
and product demos from past Tech in Motion "Audience Favorites". See
http://www.socaltech.com/calendar/eventid/24908

TVC Capital LLC (www.tvccapital.com)
Investments in and Acquisitions of Growing Software Companies

Silicon Valley Bank (http://www.svb.com).
Make next happen now.

Stubbs Alderton Markiles, LLP (http://www.stubbsalderton.com).
Business. Technology. Law. Vision.

Safire Partners (http://www.safirepartners.com).
SoCal-based executive search for emerging growth companies

Binary Pulse Technology Marketing (http://www.binarypulse.com).
We Create Demand for California's Technology Companies.

Key info (http://www.keyinfo.com)
infrastructure ~ connectivity ~ co-location ~ cloud

PricewaterhouseCoopers (http://www.socaltech.com/pwc).

Shimokaji IP (http://www.shimokaji.com)
Bettering Life Through Creative Ideas

Technical Connections, Inc. (http://www.technicalconnections.com)
Successfully connecting Tech Talent with Premier Clients in SoCal for
over 30 years.

La Visual (http://Lavisual.com)
A Branding, Product Strategy & Rapid Prototyping Accelerator

Email sa...@socaltech.com for more information about sponsoring this
newsletter.

Legal Notices
----

While SOCALTECH LLC has used its best efforts in collecting and preparing
the information published herein, SOCALTECH LLC does not assume, and hereby
disclaims, any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or
omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence,
accident or other causes.

All contents Copyright (c) 2014 SOCALTECH LLC. All rights reserved.

socalTECH.com - Dedicated to High Tech in Southern California
http://www.socaltech.com/

SOCALTECH LLC
4607 Lakeview Canyon Road, Suite 290, Westlake Village, CA 91361