Hello everyone,

can someone shed some light on this please. i am not able to understand this:

" Frame wireless solutions in terms of open vs. proprietary. Under open solutions, you have Wi-Fi and Wi-Max. Under proprietary, you have Canopy etc. This means, that you will add some text in the beginning saying that solutions can be open or proprietary. Then you will have the open solutions section, with WiFi and WiMax in it. Then you will have a proprietary solutions section, in which you will talk about the 5 most popular / important proprietary solutions"

What i think is right is: Wi-Fi and WiMax are standards and there are proprietary solutions existing for them. I think the statement above is confusing the reader, and is incorrect. Can someone tell me if i am right. or can someone explain the context of the statement above.

thanks,
sankar