--> Bill, didn't the Aberhart government try to have
a 'ticket system' similar to what you're describing?
Wasn't there some problems with its acceptance by
merchants?
----------

The Social Credit government issued stamp scrip notes
called "Prosperity Certificates."  See the attached
photocopy also archived at
http://www.geocities.com/socredus/compendium .  I
think their biggest problem--apart from the fact they
were based on Silvio Gesell's harebrained idea of
"disappearing money"--was that the banks wouldn't
accept them for deposit or in payment of debt to the
banks.  I think the federal authorities prohibited
the Alberta government from accepting them in payment
of taxes.  They nevertheless did circulate somewhat
in facilitation of trade, as should be evident from
the visible wear and tear to the note in the
photograph.  It is definitely not in "mint"
condition.
--

--> I realize the conditions were very different
then, and a massive propaganda effort was being waged

Douglas's ticket metaphor describes the system as it
presently exists and has existed for many years.
This is from his "King of Norway" address archived at
http://www.geocities.com/socredus/compendium :

"The modern economic production system is not a
system of individual production and exchange of
production between individuals. It is more and more
the synthetic assembly, in a central pool, of
wealth consisting of goods and services which are
preponderantly due to the use of power, to modern
scientific processes and all sorts of organisations
and other constituent contributions of each one of us
which will occur to you. The problem is not to
exchange the constituent contributions of each one of
us to that central pool, because in fact our
contribution to that central pool, in the ordinary
sense of tangible economic things, is becoming
smaller and smaller.

"The correct picture - the incontestably exact
picture of the modern production system - is, to my
mind, based upon a kind of typewriter with a
decreasing number of operators who are tapping the
keys, and, by tapping these keys, fewer and fewer
operators can produce all that we require.
Through the power of the sun (oil power, steam power
and so forth consist of what is generalised as solar
energy) the so-called curse of Adam is being
transferred from the backs of men to machines, so
that a small number of persons operating on this
machine of industrial "production", can produce all
that is required for the use of the population. And
the problem is not to exchange between the number of
the population, who are less and less required to
push keys, but it is to draw from this central pool
of wealth by means of what can be visualised as a
ticket system."
--

--> And possibly overcome the problems you alluded to
as the 'two-jobs'.  But I wonder if there might be

"Gresham's Law" which applies to the extent money
remains a "medium of exchange" with perceived
commodity or quasi-commodity value "intrinsic" to its
nature.  To the extent money is a ticket the law does
not apply.

Food stamps merely clear back to the account of the
issuing authority.