I tried installing Fedora 7 onto a 2.5in hard drive on my net4801,
and ran into the same problem with it not recognizing the disk.
PXE boot using the FC7 installer works fine, right up to the point
where it looks for the disks to ask you where you want to install,
at which point it finds nothing.  Same thing when I installed FC7
onto the disk in another computer, then moved it into the net4801;
it booted up to the point where it tried to mount root, at which
point it died saying it could not find it.

Apparently there was a change to the disk system in FC7, because IDE
disks that used to be labeled hda etc are now labeled sda etc (see
<http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=809907&postcount=3>).
I spent a few hours on this and couldn't figure out how to make
FC7 see the disk in the net4801.  Finally gave up and installed
FC6 with no problems.

--
Jim