On 27 Oct 2011, Nick Brown stated:
> Also, as a useful note to anyone else looking to install RHEL6.1 (or
> clones like CentOS6 or Scientific Linux 6), the 82574L ethernet driver
> included in RHEL6 fails after some time.

This bug (PCIe ASPM L1 and L0s being turned off on 82574L due to NIC
errata, but then mysteriously getting turned on again and hanging
sometime later under moderate load) is *still present* upstream: I've
been flicking it off manually on each boot via

setpci -s 03:00.0 CAP_EXP+10.b=40

(where 03:00.0 is the PCI device address).

I really must get back to diagnosing it, but my 82574Ls are on an
always-on server with my home directory on it, so debugging is *really*
annoying.

--
NULL && (void)