I've searched and read through the -tech archives and though CPU temps
and cooling have been discussed several times, I'm not seeing direct
answers to the questions I have.
I've running a newish net6501-60 loaded with OpenBSD 5.3 "current" and
a Crucial M4 mSATA SSD. No hard drive, no other components, just a
standard case, SSD, and power supply.

1) OpenBSD > "sysctl hw.sensors" returns 65-68C for the CPU temp  *at
idle*. That seems quite high to me, given that the ambient temp in the
room is just 15C (cool basement),  and Soren wrote here last year
saying to expect about 32C over ambient. So: 15C+32C = about 47C
expected. And I'm 20C over that. Yikes,.

But perhaps "hw.sensors" in OpenBSD is buggy for this box and/or a
compensation factor is needed to interpret its output? What are others
folks seeing for idle temps using OpenBSD when they run that same
command?

2) The manual says the fans are under control of the uManager, but
provides no other information. Are there published temps corresponding
to the "min RPM" and "max RPM" values for the fans, and the nature of
the temp vs fan speed curve?

3) Is there any difference between J12 and J13 on the board as far as
how uManager addresses them and how they should be used, or just
whichever the fan cable will reach?

Thanks /dr/

PS I'm thinking of ordering a 30mm case fan but then putting a small
pot on the power lead it so it's adjustable to run more slowly. I
figure even small air movement will keep the inside case temp near
ambient, which may be all I need to keep things from getting too
toasty.