After consulting with Soekris Europe I sent the board back to them.
Package got stuck in danish customs for quite some time for reasons I
still don't understand, but eventually this was solved and the package
got to it's destination.
The reply fron Soekris Europe was that they had not found any fault on
my board, but since I had throughly tested it they would replace it
with a new board anyway. Couple of days later I have the new board and
it just works fine. So I still have no explanation on what happened,
but my Soekris is back doing it's job....

2013/9/18 Nikola Gyurov <ngyu...@gmail.com>:
> This is not good, as I'm planning to build a whole private e-mail
> environment, based on Soekris.
> Could you guys update the thread if you hear back from them regarding this?
> Best regards,
> Nikola Gyurov
>

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Embedding Linux <embed...@ba-cst.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 18/09/13 17:32, Eivind Eide wrote:
>>> I removed everything but the board (putting it on a wooden table)
>>> and also tried another power supply. Same result.
>>> Anything else? Time to contact Soekris Europe...?
>>>
>> [...]
>>>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> We've had exactly the same problem a few months ago : suddenly, a
>> 6501-50 utterly failed to start. Changint power supply didnot solve the
>> problem.
>>
>> We replaced the motherboard with a new one (everything was under
>> warranty). The failed board was sent back to the seller, we asked for
>> some kind of feedback (to know if we should be wary of this kind of
>> failures, since we bought several 6501) but got none up to now.
>> --
>> Mbdr

Eivind Eide

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
- Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts