On 02/05/2014 11:16 PM, Lincoln Roop wrote:
Has anyone here successfully got Debian Wheezy to install on a net4501?
I performed the usual modifications to the netboot files to get it to
display on console (SERIAL 0 19200 0 and CONSOLE 0 to
debian-installer/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default, and "console=ttyS0,19200,n8"
to txt.cfg), but what I see is that it starts booting, gets as far as

If I'm not mistaken, the 4501 is a 486 based processor. Debian's so called 386 is in fact compiled for a 686 based processor. That's why it does not boot.

I think the 386 moniker is mostly used to mean 32bits.

If I'm wrong, please someone say so. I have a 4511 I'd love to put to work...

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>