I bought one of these net6501-70 models in 2015 and then started seeing a lot
of these reports of dead machines. I use mine primarily as a simple firewall
running pfSense and it is still running but I noticed pretty warm (cpu 88 deg.
C while idle). After reading so many of these reports and seeing an article on
ARS Technica about router speeds (
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/numbers-dont-lie-its-time-to-build-your-own-router/
 ) I decided to get a backup ready using the latest article (
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/the-router-rumble-ars-diy-build-faces-better-tests-tougher-competition/
 ) and now have that Qotom model ready to go with pfSense just in case the 6501
dies prematurely. I’ll replace it soon after I figure out the VOIP issue I’m
working on, one problem at a time.

scott
---
Scott Gustafson   sc...@garlicsoftware.com   +1-916-512-9667
http://www.garlicsoftware.com
8C47 666D 90A0 09A5 263A A89D B0CC AC31 B097 C6C5