Hello,

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>> But for the former one, I guess you only need to add some custom tags to
>> the Contact header for each registration (multiple username parts maybe).
>> Brian, does this match your requirements? For this, something simpler than
>> NUTAG_IDENTITY() would be enough (or maybe already possible without
>> resorting to the 'nta' interface).
>
> Any further information on this? Especially how to do it in combination
> with NAT support..

none of this is implemented (although, some tricks might be possible even
with current APIs), I'm just trying to understand what you need.

For making outbound calls, you might be able get away with adding a custom
tag in the "Contact", and possibly other headers -> the recipient can
identify which instance is calling. This should be possible by adding
SIPTAG_FROM_STR(), SIPTAG_CONTACT_STR(), etc tags to nua_invite(),
nua_respond(), etc. (like tapioca-sip does already).

For inbound calls, you either need multiple registrations (multiple public
SIP identities registered), or no registrations at all (people will call
to sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED], where 1.2.3.4 is your static IP, and "foobar" the
instance identifier). For multiple registrations, you can do this by
creating multiple nua_create() instances, or using the upcoming
NUTAG_IDENTITY() feature.

For inbound registrations, you need to implement custom code on top of the
Sofia-SIP NTA API.

Anyways, which of these scenarios you are interested in (and if all, which
should be supported first ;))..?

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net