ons 2006-09-13 klockan 21:28 +0300 skrev Kai Vehmanen:

> none of this is implemented (although, some tricks might be possible even
> with current APIs), I'm just trying to understand what you need.

Currently I use the same Contact for all identifies, and switching
identity based on To. But I have found some registrars dislikes multiple
identities registered with the same contact. I think being able to
specify a contact like sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:port] in register would solve some
issues, and then reuse this in outgoing requests where needed.

> For making outbound calls, you might be able get away with adding a custom
> tag in the "Contact", and possibly other headers -> the recipient can
> identify which instance is calling. This should be possible by adding
> SIPTAG_FROM_STR(), SIPTAG_CONTACT_STR(), etc tags to nua_invite(),
> nua_respond(), etc. (like tapioca-sip does already).

Looked at tapioca-sip but could not find anything setting the contact,
only from.

> Anyways, which of these scenarios you are interested in (and if all, which
> should be supported first ;))..?

For me, being able to register multiple identities with unique contacts
should be sufficient I think.

It's already possible to register multiple identities by just calling
nua_register with different SIPTAG_FROM etc headers, but it isn't that
obvious how to mess with Contact in precense of NAT etc..

Incoming requests isn't really an issue. There is always sufficient
details to be able to tell which identity the request belongs to either
in the URI or To header.

Regards
Henrik