Hi,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Jerry Richards wrote:

> So does this mean there is a bug in the sofia-sip SOA engine (v. 1.12.4)?
>
> In other words, it should match the following two codecs as the same?
>
> ... (a): rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000   <---EQUAL--->   ... (a): rtpmap:0 G711/8000

well, it depends. :)

According to specs, that's not a bug as PCMU and G711 are not the same
thing (and I'd say the client that puts G711 there definitely has a bug,
see RFC3551).

But, but, as the world is not perfect, maybe the stack should just compare
the payload numbers in these cases. The approach described by Arsen seems
sane to me...

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net